EMPLOyment with the APCSM
Animal Care and Adoption Counselor
The Animal Protection Center of Southeastern MA is currently seeking a full time
Animal Care and Adoption Counselor (ACAC).
Working with the public, being able to communicate effectively and respectfully
with regards to adoptions, surrenders and general animal welfare information both
by phone and in person
- Ensure that quality care is provided for all shelter animals in accordance with
APCSM’s policies and procedures. The ACAC will be responsible for direct animal
care and evaluations.
- Assist with volunteer and foster care programs as well as fundraising and adoption
- A minimum of a high school degree, an associate’s or bachelor’s degree is preferred
- Customer Service experience preferred
- Strong communication skills
- General animal handling skills
- Ability to lift 50 lbs
- Computer knowledge is a plus
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team and also independently
- This is a full time 40 hour a week position/various days and hours, weekends/holidays are required.
Interested applicants can send a resume and 3 references to email@example.com