EMPLOyment with the APCSM
Animal Care and Adoption Counselor (Part Time)
The Animal Protection Center of Southeastern MA is currently seeking an Animal Care and Adoption Counselor (ACAC).
- Working with the public, being able to communicate effectively and respectfully with regards to adoptions, surrenders and general animal welfare information both by phone and in person
- Ensure that quality care is provided for all shelter animals in accordance with APCSM's policies and procedures. The ACAC will be responsible for direct animal care and evaluations.
- Assist with volunteer and foster care programs as well as fundraising and adoption events
- A minimum of a high school degree, an associate's or bachelor's degree is preferred
- Customer Service experience preferred
- Strong communication skills
- General animal handling skills
- Ability to lift 50 lbs
- Computer knowledge is a plus
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team and also independently
- This is a part time 20 hour a week position/various days and hours, weekends are required.
To apply to this position please e-mail a cover letter, resume, and contact information of three(3) professional references to email@example.com